25 Things you don’t want to know about me…
March 9, 2009 § 2 Comments
…but of which i will write anyways 😛
- I like being alone. Alone, as in with or around or without people who don’t know me, either personally or professionally. I make it a point to do that at least once a week.
- I design wallpapers. Once a year. For the new years eve greeting(s) I send to my friends.
- I also make it a point to design greeting cards/wallpapers which(if) I send to people on their birthdays.
- I like reading books by Indian authors more than I like reading books written by foreign authors. I don’t exactly know the reason for this. But as long as I enjoy reading the books that I do read, its okay with me.
- The best author I have ever read is Jonathan Stroud. He is brilliant with sarcasm and humour.
- I am attracted towards books in which the story spans across several books. Harry Potter, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, The Simoqin trilogy, The Inheritance Trilogy and more recently, The Discworld series being cases in point.
- I think my favor for trilogies/series type of books has something to do with my fear of things ending.
- I can be very sarcastic when I want to. But only with people I care about.
- I can count those people on the fingers of one hand.
- I like to believe that I am funny… 😀
- …in a idiotic sort of way 😛
- I write stories. Lots of them. Just that I don’t think of them as good enough to be finished/developed further. They end up as handwritten hardcopy in a drawer in Bombay.
- I like comics. Garfield, Dilbert, Calvin & Hobbes and Over the Hedge are all time favourites. Ctrl Alt Del and XCKD(or is it XKCD?? 😛 ) are new moderny ones that I follow.
- I like watching the old, 70’s and 80’s ka movies(fillums?!!). And also the Amol Palekar type of chhotta mota, aam aadmi films of back then. Things were so simple back then. I also realise that I wasn’t born ‘back then’.
- I feel that I was born 20 years too late. Right Place but Wrong Time.
- I don’t like people who claim to love English Football, Formula One and all that elitist crap more than Cricket. I think of them as wannabes. How can you be an Indian and not like something you virtually grew up with? How can you connect to something to which you have no link to? Liverpool? Chelsea? Give me a break.
- I think men are oppressed and discriminated against. At least when it comes to married/committed men. Seriously.
- I have this really weird habit of helping people out. Even if I don’t know them well enough. College was replete with instances of this behaviour.
- The only thing I don’t like about myself is that I am not assertive enough.
- I do not believe in forgive and forget. My stance is more on the lines of ‘Forget but never forgive’ 😀
- I have been described as being unemotional. I wish it were true.
- I have also been described as a flirt. I wish it were true too 😀
- I have been and will always be pathetic at Math.
- A math teacher once commented, “People make mistakes and learn from them; Mithun learns how to repeat the same mistake in a different way.”
- I am very clumsy. I have managed to burn my foot, burn my hand, dislocate a shoulder, short circuit an entire building’s electricity supply, electrify the grill on my window and make sparks come out of it, get electric shocks by a) putting my hand into a live circuit board, b) by accidentally inserting a radio antenna into a live outlet, c) trying to switch off a motor in gaav, d) by touching a person who was repairing a TV set and e) by trying to unsheath a piece of live telephone wire by using my teeth.
[Who made me do this? Nobody did. I was just trying to see if I know myself enough. Turns out I do. Now, so do you 😀 ]
[And since it is mandatory for me to be evil and make somebody else’s life miserable, I command Rachana to take up the worthy task of telling people 25 things they don’t know about her.]